Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm flying from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia February. USAir and Southwest charge same. Who should I go with

I'm flying from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia February. USAir and Southwest charge same. Who should I go with?
Its $40 one way and round trip with taxes it comes to $101 exactly the same for both airlines, all nonstop flights. Anyone have any preferences or reasons to take one instead of the other?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
On a flight that short, I would say it doesn't matter which airline. Personally, I would take USAirways just because I have elite status with their frequent flier program but otherwise, just go with whichever has a more convenient schedule. If you're checking a bag, then USAirways will charge you $15 if you don't have elite status in their frequent flier program and Southwest doesn't. But as far as service and stuff like that - on a flight that short it doesn't matter too much. Go with whichever has a more convenient schedule.
2 :
I would go with Southwest because they do not charge a fee for a checked bag, and they don't have many delays. US Airways is a good airline, but charge for the first bag, and are delayed a lot.
3 :
Well do you have a preference as to who you like to fly with? Any FF accounts? Is there a shorter flight with one of them? Id go with whoever your most comfortable with, ive never flown SWA so im not sure of what its like, id go with US
4 :
Just as everyone else said, do you have a frequent flier account with a particular airline? Does one airline have a better departure/arrival time than the other airline? The flight is so short that it should not matter who you fly with. You can look to see what type of aircraft the US Airways is using and then go to http://www.seatguru.com to find the seat pitch or width. Southwest uses the 737 aircraft. US Airways flies a lot of regional jets out of Pittsburgh now and there is not as much legroom on the regional jet compared with the 737. Even though I have a frequent flier account with United and can earn mileage even if I fly with US Airways, I would try Southwest because I have not flown with them before and I hear the service is good. They have a lower complaint rate and lower rate of mishandled baggage. Also US Airways charges for checked luggage and have gotten rid of free snacks. I read they even charge for a cup of water now unless it is a medical emergency.

Search News