Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can I book a flight that connects to my city and skip the first leg since it's cheaper even though it's longer

Can I book a flight that connects to my city and skip the first leg since it's cheaper even though it's longer?
I want to fly out of Cleveland going to Vegas but ever since the merger or continental and united cle prices are thru the roof. So it's actually cheaper to fly out of Pittsburgh even though the flight goes to Cleveland then direct to Vegas. So can I buy the pit cle las flight and only take the cle to las flight? Thanks
Air Travel - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
NO... when you are a no show in PIT your entire trip will be canceled, you will have two hours to call or show up before you have to pay a change fee and a fare difference (called the two hour rule for people who have flat tires, alarm breaks, etc.) many people try to do this and the airline is VERY wise to it, this policy is strictly enforced. When you show up in CLE to check in the agent will charge you the fare difference to fly out of CLE plus a $100-$150 change fee. I know it sounds lame but unfortunately that is just the way it is. This isn't even done by a person who could forget to cancel you itinerary, the computer system will automatically delete the reservation once the PIT flight is closed so it is unavoidable. I work in Charlotte at our hub, it is cheaper to fly our of Greensboro which is an hour away, everyday at least person shows up who bought a ticket out of Greesnsboro to save money but want to hop on their connecting flight out of Charlotte...I have never seen a single one get away with it

Search News