Monday, June 21, 2010

I purchased an economy class ticket through Travelocity, can I upgrade

I purchased an economy class ticket through Travelocity, can I upgrade?
when I check in? If I can, what does it cost from a flight from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles with a layover in ATL?
Other - Destinations - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most likely, there won't be any extra seats for other classes, seeing as how those usually fill up months in advance. There's no harm in asking those assisting you at the check in counters if you would be able to upgrade, but I believe it's very unlikely.
2 :
It really depends on the ticket type. If you purchased what is called a "bulk fare" you cannot upgrade and it is use as is or loose. The other factor is what airline you are using. American and US Air have a 50.00 per 500m upgrade plan based on availability. US Air offers this at the gate and will post it on the board at the gate if available. American offers it only to those who check in via the kiosk 2hrs prior to departure. The best thing to do is Call the carrier directly for policy and ticket type.

Search News